I can provide little to no information about Stacy Lane. This Wilson Pickett-esque screamer had, as far as I know (and Discogs confirms), only four singles in his arsenal, two on the Excello touchstone and one more each for BAR and Playboy Records. I first became aware of him on the "Buttshakers Vol. 6" compilation and from then on I was on a never-ending rollercoaster ride for updated information on his life and recordings (no luck unfortunately). On the BAR single, the black sheep of the Stax family, Charles 'Packy' Axton, is seriously involved, which makes me think that this cat wasn't just a man and a half copycat. In fact, all the known/released recordings are excellent templates of a blend of southern soul and gritty proto-funk.
Monday, February 17, 2025
Stacy Lane - Nine Sides 1967-73 (WTS Soul No.2)
Labels:
Rhythm & Blues,
Soul,
Stacy Lane,
White Trash Soul Samplers,
WTS Soul
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About me
Dad of three Handsome Devils. Garage Punk pounders, Soul stompers, Punk Rock 'n' Roll burners, Greasy R&B stormers, Funky sizzlers and Mod Freakbeat fuzzters and ravers (mostly)! Grown Up Wrong in the 90s, hooked with the grooves of Acid Jazz and Madchester's Baggy scene. A lot of Indie Pop jangles too. Stoner/Doom is my guilty pleasure. Reverend in the Church of Venerated Saint Johnny Thunders. In love with shakin' maracas, tambourines and wailin' farfizas and harmonicas. Little Richard was the King & Queen of Rock'n'Roll. The first Punk Rocker was a gay blackman from Macon, GA. Subvert Normality, Kill All Hippies. Antifascist/Antiracist. Olympiacos Piraeus tifo. *There's no need to repeat myself. If you consider yourself a real music fanatic, then buy the records by the bands and artists I'm talking about.*
Blog archives
Don't follow me, I'm lost too.
Blogroll
-
-
Soup Activists – “Johnny”9 hours ago
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Pacific NW Garage4 days ago
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Drowned in Sound's Albums of the Year 202510 months ago
-
-
-
-

320: https://www.sendspace.com/file/hthqyj
ReplyDeletethx gusto'sgroovygumbo
ReplyDeleteNice ! Thanks !
ReplyDeleteThank you much!
ReplyDeleteReally interesting post - is it possible to repost the link! Thanks
ReplyDelete