Friday, February 3, 2012

Dr. Feelgood - "Malpractice - Italian Pressing" (United Artists, 1976)

One of the coolest (does exist such word?) ever ‘bad habits’ that I witnessed so far, it's the one my faithful partner JP has! He spends almost uncalculated his money on buying... the same record (in both formats) and MANY times! And I suspect this happens with just one purpose on his mind… To find the best sounding pressing or mastering! I admire you mate! Lucky me of course, cause as all record collectors use to do, I do have on my vault some of my fave discs in three or four different mixes but that's it! I prefer to throw my (everyday less and less...) money off my pocket for different things! So, the other day sent me this email:
 Dr Feelgood Malpractice: you probably heard it a million times before (and I won't blame you for that), both the CD and the UK LP versions sound loud & clear, but the Italian pressing I ripped  yesterday sounds (almost) like a different mix (for some reason), with thundering bass & drums. Surely Feelgood is great for Brilleaux & Wilko, but the rest of the team is kicking some serious ass too, and this is very nicely highlighted on this version. I'm enjoying it even more [damn it, the pounding on "Going Back Home" is so good], so I needed to share it with you!”
 And guess what? For one more time he was 100% right! God bless you man! Next move was to add this bona-fide rip to my i-pod and in the next morning on my way to the job, I touched the play button anxious to hear on my own to what my friend raved so much about the previous night… BOOM-BAM-BOOM! If some of you guys and gals out there is a sound engineer, please explain to me WHY THIS HAPPENS?  I mean, I know this brilliant record upside down from my teens, and this is a CLEARLY better sounding shit! Anyway, I believe I don’t have to tell much (or add…) about the Feelgoods or this record especially that you haven’t read already probably somewhere else, but this is definitely the best garage record of the 70s! Cause for me Dr. Feelgood were actually a garage outfit. Tight as hell, rhythmic like an uzi in a paroxysm mode, more confident in comparison with their debut and with a perfect position between cover toons and the Wilko penned originals! From my house to the place I work it’s about an hour distance, and even if it was early morning, i had a strong will to attend the hearing with some bourbon (the first J. Geils Band record I played right next, made things even worse).  OK, for one more time I'm bubbling up so much saying actually nothing. I'll put a dot here. Listen to this even if you have it. You'll understand why immediately!


7 comments:

  1. Ripped by JPStooges in FLAC!
    https://rapidshare.com/files/785932305/Malpractice_Italy_FLAC_Pt.1.zip
    https://rapidshare.com/files/2228054941/Malpractice_Italy_FLAC_Pt.2.zip

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mihaleez - i love this record, so I'll give this version a real listen. I also enjoy your passion, it would be such a blast to party with you to the great music.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha-ha! Thanks Gyro, nice comment! When you're ready to come home next time, send me an email mate! Athens has many and cool bars to party! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Informative article, totally what I was looking for.
    my page > puppy collars

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks , I've recently been looking for information about this topic for a while and yours is the greatest I've found out so far. However, what concerning the conclusion? Are you positive concerning the source?
    SCUBA Ankle Weights, Regular Size, 4 LB. Pair (2 LB. Each).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Janette! Thanks for stopping by here. I'm not sure thought what you just asked me... Sorry, my English are in a very basic mode, if you still want some answer, please hit again. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Any chance of reposting this?

    thanks

    ReplyDelete