Sunday, January 22, 2012

In Memory of Etta & Johnny ... Etta James - "Rocks The House" (Argo/Chess, 1964) & The Johnny Otis Show - "Cuttin' Up" (Epic, 1970)

This post was meant to be a little bit celebrating... Yesterday this blog got into his third year of life and i was preparing a gift in a titty-shaking way... You know, sleazy 'Las Vegas Grind' type 45s just for the occasion. The sad news of losing Etta & Johnny left this fair for another time. Without people like those two, a blog space like this would have never existed anyway. I'm not expecting from you to need this dork here, type some words telling who these titans were. And I'm not expecting also to need me to bring in your ears some of their sounds. Actually i wasn't going to post anything cause sometimes saying nothing, says a lot. But it's 2 in the morning, kids and wife sleeping as all normal people tend to do except for me and my guilt for not solemnize two of the greatest r&r/r&b heroes ever. So that is, and I'm shutting my mouth down, letting the music do the 'dirty' talking. And that's what i liked the most for both of 'em. They were dirty and sexually starving monsters just like this music orders.  R.I. P.
PS: If that says something, Johnny Otis was Greek... and Black!

6 comments:

  1. http://www.sendspace.com/file/srgnjg

    ReplyDelete
  2. two legends...just gone.
    i will be blasting etta´s songs all day.
    r.i.p.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a couple of winners, as all yr posts are. Wish you wouldn't use SendSpace, but beggars can't be choosers I spoze....thanx again & keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't know mate what host to use to tell you the truth... Especially with the last days events 'bout Mega Upload etc... I'm trying to find spaces with not much eyes on 'em and a decent download bitrate... Any suggestions? Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't managed to DL this file. I just get .exe files that I swiftly delete.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boogieman, there's a link below from where you've clicked, saying 'Click here to start download from sendspace'. You don't need to install the exe.

    ReplyDelete