Saturday, September 24, 2016

Various Artists - "Full Time Lovers, Songs The Fabulous Thunderbirds Taught Us" (WAILCD 02 and a Half)

I've made this comp about a year or so back if my memory serves me well but I didn't posted it at the time because of the following two reasons: I didn't have all songs in FLAC (still don't - so not all songs ripped by me) and I've ran out of ideas for the back cover (all you get is this so-so front sleeve). The whole thing/project was to gather up all Rhythm and Blues, Soul and Funky sides the original Fabulous Thunderbirds line-up have covered (plus some more, I mostly focused on things Wilson/Vaughn touched later), and in this at least I succeed. I really love the T-Birds man! Their manic fusion of sweaty rock & roll, electric Texas barbecue of Chicago blues, nasty Memphis Soul and Louisiana Zydeco was (still is actually) a very good reason (if not, the only) for having any respect on white skin rhythm & blues gangs. Boy, even Muddy Waters was impressed back then when he caught one of the band's first shows in 1975 and hyped them Thunderbirds boys to club owners and interviewers across the country, loudly! Anyway, you got it I guess already. So, this is exactly what its title says. A 26 song gathering of all original sides the archetypal T-Birds chose and recorded (from Lazy Lester to Slim Harpo and from Sam & Dave to Bobby Patterson) for their first six albums, hope you dig it!

10 comments:

  1. 320 Mp3: http://www.filefactory.com/file/5l7jz5viwp17/WailCD02andaHalf.rar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hé Hé look like nice sir, if it's like previous ones... Oh i have Cramps, Stooges and many more so i know what i expect from you: The goog time. Thanks for this one and the relay you do for my friends from the Missing Souls. This album is a pearl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Send my regards to Ian, then! I sent him a message to the email I got for years from the Boogie Disease blog but doesn't seem to be checked. Brilliant band, I really fell in love with 'em! and oh, thanks for the kind words as well!

      Take care, cheers!

      Delete
    2. Hi mate, if you are looking for the album: only one adress http://www.dangerhouse.fr/skylab.php
      LP on Stereo and CD in Mono. Why not? Ask to Bruno from me: Le Lyonnais who live in Britany now...
      Compilation is perfect as usually. Thanks for it. Fred

      Delete
    3. Got it already, see my Insta page!
      The State single is a killer one too but thanks anyway, I'll replace the link on the right column for the people who wanna buy and shake their ass!

      Delete
  3. Thanks a lot my friend! I never really been into the Thunderbirds but I'm sure your comp is great as usual. 5and yes, the missing souls are great!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a really good blog one of my favorite so great. This band is amazing very good post i don't know if i can put my blog url here it's in french. Go on rockin !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you for your effort and great taste as always.

    ReplyDelete