Monday, October 27, 2014

New York Dolls - "One Day It Will Please Us to Remember Even This" (LP, Roadrunner - 2006)


At the time of "One Day It Will Please Us to Remember Even This" release, I had with my buddies still the zine and I got in contact with Kevin K for an interview. Among the other stuff we discussed, I couldn't resist myself to ask him 'bout the new then New York Dolls line up and album... He answered to have a listen to it before proceed, but it was good one though even if he doesn't liked the idea of a "New York Dolls" stamp on it without Johnny, Jerry and Killer Kane. "A Las Vegas Dolls title it would have fit more I think..." Kevin told me and I laughed quite loudly as I remember.
I have bought the CD a few weeks before the concert with the Sex Pistols here in Greece and it was very good indeed just as good they were on stage and for sure better than Johnny Lydon's sad caricatures...
So, after all these years I'm having the same opinion about it: A very cool record, perhaps the better one of the many comebacks we witnessed at the time (do you remember the crappy Stooges' "Weirdness"..?) and definitively equal with the Rolling Stones "A Bigger Bang" for instance which I though of it as a descent record too. But just like in Stones case, adds nothing to the myth both the bands have.
Anyway, so why we bother posting it? Because it sounds superlative on vinyl, especially if the rip comes from Jean Philippe's hands and it contains as well the last recorded music by Bo Diddley, no less... Dig!

3 comments:

  1. Ripped and Uploaded by Jean Philippe:
    http://www.filefactory.com/file/3ltuv0fl0119/NYDodiwputret.zip
    http://www.filefactory.com/file/6c19nnn4xzrp/NYDodiwputret2.zip
    password: jpstooges

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Mihaleez, I was reading the internet and an old entry of yours came up. It was Okeh Records Northern Soul 45s, a comp of yours from back then. Could you upload it again please? I and many others would be very grateful.

    Cheers

    Marlon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marlon, I must check on the old HDDrives. I see what I can do.

      Delete