Saturday, May 24, 2014

The Plimsouls - "The Plimsouls...Plus" (CD, RCA/Rhino - 1992)

I'm going back and forth for an hour or so, staring at the screen having absolutely no idea what to write... I mean, come on you jerk, that's one of your fave bands ever and you don't know what to tell people about? I guess all this has something to do with their importance of course... 'Cause Peter Case's post-Nerves garage pop outfit still remains the untouchable "people need to know" band in my book. Yeah even better than Paul Collins Beat! The legend says for a moment Plimsouls were the hottest band in L.A. but Knack's success backfired the whole thing... So sad, cause unlike 99% of powerpop bands, Plimsouls seem to had their radars turned on the Stones early rock & soul ferocious dynamics than the Beatles sha-la-las. And that's why I guess I love 'em so much... That's the excellent 1992 Rhino reissue (don't know if there's another newer out-there) which collects their classic synonymous first album, the even more important and quite rare "Zero Hour" EP plus a bunch of B-sides. You don't need more at least for a start...


4 comments:

  1. FLAC: http://netkups.com/?d=335b38095b8c3

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks your pacing around did the trick for me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this! I'm looking forward to this! I've only heard their hits.

    ReplyDelete